Topic: Poetry

Note: this topic was started 16 years ago.

130 posts

Sorted by oldest to newest

Add New Post

Topic #2206

Note: this topic has more than one page. Jump to the last page to see the most recent reply.

February 14, 2008 11:29 am #

I'm not sure how many of you would be interested or not, but this thread stems from a conversation that I had in the chat room with a few of you. I managed to find a poem (that doesn't make me ill with the thought of posting it) on my computer (many are not or on a much older unit). So I am posting it. I think its a few years old.

Feel free to post your own poetic works if you have any!

So much time wasted
Floundered around (aground)
So much time wasted
Never upon my youth
Scribbled and trashed
Lost (some-where) inside dark passages
Insecure to pass alone in the shadow
I’ll never find enough fear or courage to get back to those places
This is the shell I have grown into
Burnt from the sun, cool breezes and green silent trees
Wise and tall standing forth to mock my very own stupidity
Letters and Languages of old memory
Slipped from my mind
Words spent in different ages
Because I have no faith to voice.
Despite all the deception placed in front of my old hopeful efforts
Holding still memories of those dreams
Others comforting arms, songs
Peace falling lovely from dark clouds
Silencing eager angers for precious moments.
To have become human-
Faltered and reborn from deathful past.
Does so much truly rest on our histories?
Such being, forced to fail
Even regardless of color changing,
Being made new
The Grey, old dirty, sinful self, deceased
The White, a new future, filled with forgiveness

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."
February 14, 2008 11:46 am (Edited February 14, 2008 11:47 am) #

Boba Fett Flying through the air
Boba Fett shooting at a hare
Boba Fett working for jabba
Boba Fett waiting for a cabba ( cab - taxi )

Shooting at the bounty
Looking at the Roundy ( sharpy's roundup )
Forking all the money
looking for a honey ( lover )

Lifes so boring
for a mandalorian
Nothing to do
not even a shoe

My name is Boba Fett
my pad ( place - house ) is not to let
My name is Boba Fett

Han Solo is a saddo
so is his friend Lando
My name is Boba Fett

P.S - i made this up, lol. Hope you like it! :) P. P. S - I like your poem, ST! , very creative! :D

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.
February 14, 2008 1:38 pm #

Thats cool Si

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]
February 15, 2008 4:56 am #

Is mine, AA? ( know's he'll say no )

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.
February 15, 2008 8:14 am #

Thanks guys... I'm interested in anything the rest of you might have. I don't think they have to be Keats or anything.

terra, I think I wrote this peice in '04.

"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."
February 15, 2008 9:02 am #

Does anyone like mine? ( a bit annoyed ) I did make it for this thread and really worked hard on it! :| :(

February 15, 2008 9:41 am #

ok Chilax Greenie please.  Rhyming is hard. But the effort shows. but you don't really need to explain vocabulary, unless that is  artistic descison. If someone asks then we can all help inthe understanding of something.  I tend to dissagree with the statement of "lifes so boring being a mandalorian".  But that is personal preference. Keep trying to expand your ideas.

February 15, 2008 9:47 am #

I am horriable at poems and poetry, so I give my attention to those who can do it well. Both of these are good so far. Keep up the good work. Lets see some more.

"Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead"
February 15, 2008 10:22 am #

Si Tirian, i'm only 11, and your like, an adult, so please dont critisise. Thx :| :)

February 15, 2008 12:49 pm #

There is nothing wrong with criticizing Green.  She was only trying to help.  Think of it as constructive criticism.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me. It was self-defense.[/i] -Richard the Warlock [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]
February 15, 2008 1:00 pm #
green helmeted fett wrote:

Si Tirian, i'm only 11, and your like, an adult, so please dont critisise. Thx :| :)

You kept demanding for somebody to rate your poem, and Si told you what she thought.  If you don't like what people say about your work, don't be so pushy about getting then to tell you what they think

"You set a code to live by. I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."
February 15, 2008 1:18 pm #

I didn't. It's just no one took any notice while they did to ST's. k? I'm not complaining! :(

February 15, 2008 1:40 pm #
green helmeted fett wrote:

I didn't. It's just no one took any notice while they did to ST's. k? I'm not complaining! :(

You did demand for me to rate yours. I didn't because I don't realy like yours. Si gave you her thoughts on your poems, and they were not 'bad' thoughts. We know how old you are, you can stop telling us every day.

February 16, 2008 12:19 am #

Why does no one like mine because i'm small? Just because i'm 11 doesn't mean you have to pick on me. :(......
still you are right mine was C***. I am only 11 so mine wont be very good anyway :) s'alright.

February 16, 2008 3:00 am #

mine is okay, and ST's is brilliant and has emotion in it. :| Mine is just about something I made up. :( ( see the difference? )

February 16, 2008 5:29 am #

Yours is pretty cool, Terra. I personally don't like poetry, but thats just me. Anyways, thats pretty good.

February 16, 2008 5:36 am #
terra wrote:

Why don't you try to write one, too?

I really don't like poetry for the most part, and I'm not good at it, really. I might try something eventually though

February 16, 2008 10:40 am #

Mum is sweet, her ciggerette fume
Not so charming as a blossom bloom
Why does she smoke....... I do not know
I dont know why she smokes oh so.
alas her time continues and ends
her smoke she sends
Alas, Alas, Alas.........

You're foolish words can never hurt me
February 16, 2008 11:03 am #

poems don't have to rhyme, doesn't anyone here know who Walt Whitman is?

February 16, 2008 11:04 am #

no, who is he?

February 16, 2008 11:30 am #

Si, terra, both your poems are great. I feel like I can relate to both of them because I've had feelings like that before. The feeling I get from terra's poem is a more recent one because of current things going on between me and my girlfriend. I found it eerily similar. The feeling I get from Si's poem is one that I've been having for along time and is somewhat re-occuring. Thanks for sharing Si and Terra.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.
February 16, 2008 11:32 am #

Do you like mine, Val? :)

February 16, 2008 11:42 am #

The one about your mom? Its depressing. Does her smoking really bother you?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
February 16, 2008 11:43 am #

Yes, It is so annoying. :|

February 16, 2008 11:57 am #

Im sorry to hear that. Talk to her about it. Tell her how you feel. Let her know how bad smoking is for the both of you.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
February 16, 2008 12:53 pm #

Not too many poems here. Mostly comments...
Can't wait to see more.

February 16, 2008 3:47 pm (Edited February 16, 2008 03:49 pm) #

Well I do have many poems, but didn't want to overwhelm the thread or you guys.

terra, that is a sweet poem. I have a hard time with sweet, so i give you credit.

Walt Whitman was an american poet around the time of the american civil war. ( Mid to late 1800's.) He spent most of his career on a book called "Leaves of Grass."  I LOVE Whitman.
Fett_II, do you have a favorite poem or verse of his?

February 16, 2008 5:38 pm (Edited February 16, 2008 05:39 pm) #
Si Titran wrote:

Well I do have many poems, but didn't want to overwhelm the thread or you guys.

terra, that is a sweet poem. I have a hard time with sweet, so i give you credit.

Walt Whitman was an american poet around the time of the american civil war. ( Mid to late 1800's.) He spent most of his career on a book called "Leaves of Grass."  I LOVE Whitman.
Fett_II, do you have a favorite poem or verse of his?

Whitman rules, doesn't he. Not into "sweet" poetry either myself, I prefer when it's kind of deeper, darker. I like Nelligan. Some others too.

February 16, 2008 6:23 pm #

Dark... ah then I will have to find those.... I do have many.

February 16, 2008 6:36 pm #
Si Titran wrote:

Dark... ah then I will have to find those.... I do have many.

Sounds great :D
Can't wait to read them.

February 16, 2008 6:44 pm #

Yeah.. the only thing is they're not "typed" on a working computer.  I'll have to find the written copies... some where amongst my "creative chaos." But if y'all are interested I shall find them.

February 16, 2008 6:48 pm #

Hmm, at least the chaotic area of wherever they are is resulted from something creative. Mines just due to a lack of determination to find a place for a bunch of stuff

February 16, 2008 6:51 pm #

Wow, I like the poems people :)  I'm not very good at writing poetry, and like AA, I never really got into it, but all of yours are really creative.  Keep up the good work, and I look forward to reading more :D

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card
February 16, 2008 11:47 pm #

How do you meam Sev? Who really is fett ll? And yes valthonin, i do talk to her about it. her smoking really makes my life suck. But she is going to try again, on Monday :D

February 18, 2008 3:11 pm #

Thanks To Si I can say post what i said to my Valentine on Valentine's Day:

They say you only fall in love once but when i see you i fall in love all over again

Made by JD *(ME)*

LEELA: I know you like cooking shows, but you're a robot. You don't even have a sense of taste!
BENDER: Honey, I wouldn't talk about taste if I was wearing a lime green tank top.
February 18, 2008 3:48 pm #

Aww, thats cute, wish I had a guy say that to me :P

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card
February 18, 2008 4:56 pm #
cloneapart wrote:

Aww, thats cute, wish I had a guy say that to me :P

I agree whole heartedly. Here's something for AA.

Leave me,
As untouched porcilen
Rather for the best
Because I know what we would end up
Being the conclusion here,
And I want something better for your future.
I can not tear apart your world apart for my own sake
I might even stop you from your self here
Better to leave everything else you've left unsaid
Locked behind the tounge
Even desired so by my ears
I would just rip this hope; life apart
Seperate you from what has been confessed to me as a great love
I'll be the one that makes you lose joy in your ambitions and work,
Bring out that beaten down person,
Once everything is said and done.
It would all start here
If I agreed with this absurd kiss
Mostly made of sleeplessness
The current dependancy suits our needs to such detail
In a great balance
No, I'll move on and forget everything each of us has said
As long as I know that you're willing to do the same
And this will never have happened.
I worked it out, over the years
Even, prepaired for every situation
So, even though this hurts
Please be willing to trust me
When I explain how it's better my way,
For the both of us.

((sorry for any bad spelling mistakes))

February 18, 2008 6:03 pm (Edited February 18, 2008 06:04 pm) #

Thats nice, but sad, when did you write it?(If you don't mind me asking)

February 19, 2008 1:29 am #

Deep. I like. Can't wait to read more from you, Si.

February 19, 2008 9:16 am #

That poem I must have wrote sometime between... July 2001 through. October 2006. I know that's a broad time frame... but I know with certaintly who this poem was about and that was our relationship's time frame.

I'm glad you like it A_A and Dave!

February 21, 2008 6:55 am #
Si Titran wrote:

That poem I must have wrote sometime between... July 2001 through. October 2006. I know that's a broad time frame... but I know with certaintly who this poem was about and that was our relationship's time frame.

Sounded like a tough one for you. Hope life makes you happier now.

February 21, 2008 9:28 am #

YAY! She's stopped smoking everyone! This is thursday and she has not had even one! ( recorded applause ) :D :P

February 21, 2008 9:53 am #
JustDave wrote:
Si Titran wrote:

Sounded like a tough one for you. Hope life makes you happier now.

It does, thank you.

Hurrah for no smoking!

February 21, 2008 10:07 am #

HA-ZAAAA!!!!! ( shouts and stomps with pleasure! ) ( lol, sorry, .........had to. )

;)

February 22, 2008 5:11 pm #

I hope I'm not being a hog here. I wrote this one last night. This is as close to sweet as I think I've ever come.

The song played softly
In the cold night
The vision of a future
So close, almost to the touch
Quiet from voices
Just two entiwined in dance
Holding each other tenderly
There is no one else
After all, the day is through
And theirs is now to each other.

February 22, 2008 5:17 pm #

Thats pretty cool. Again, poetry is not something I like a lot. But this is good :)

February 23, 2008 4:35 pm #

Thanks terra. I just thought of this now, but its the complete opposite from the 2nd poem I posted.

February 29, 2008 8:25 am #

Why does the wind, keep it's name?
Why is the world, always the same?

What will you do, if the birds stop singing?
What will will you do, if the bell stops ringing?

I answer simply yes, that will happen soon
The world is already there...................

The swing has stopped
The person has stopped

There is no one there anymore
The memory is so sore

Alas, the time has come...........

February 29, 2008 4:44 pm #

Very good Green.  That is a really good poem.  It flowed for most of it but at some times it seemed awkward to read.  Other than that very good!

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me. It was self-defense.[/i] -Richard the Warlock [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]
February 29, 2008 11:40 pm #

Thanks, I just made it up, because I'm not very good at poetry, lol. Thanks, anyway :)

Note: this topic has more than one page. Jump to the last page to see the most recent reply.

Add New Post

See the most recent post(s) above. Reply below with your thoughts on this topic.

Note: the last post in this topic was 11 years ago.

Sorry, you must be logged in and have an upgraded account to add a board post.

Login

No BFFC account yet? Create a free account.

Join