Topic: The Old Republic is going free to play!

Note: this topic was started 11 years ago.

8 posts

Sorted by oldest to newest

Add New Post

Topic #4031
October 8, 2012 9:15 am #

Not sure if anyone's posted anything about this yet but thought I'd let people know.

It hasn't been implemented yet but I've been hearing it should happen around November sometime.

I just downloaded the trial for now since I can't wait for it to be free. Anyone else play currently?

October 22, 2012 5:19 pm #

I've just signed up and saw the note about potential free play. I just need to go through the download to play...

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20121016

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...
October 31, 2012 1:32 pm #

Cool! I already hit the level cap with like 4 characters in the trial so far waiting for the game to become free.

What server do you play on, assuming you've already started some characters?

November 1, 2012 5:49 pm #

The Jedi Covenant Server (east coast PvE).

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."
November 2, 2012 3:06 pm #
Sadriel_Fett wrote:

Oh all of mine are on The Shadowlands.

It's also an east coast PvE server...though since I don't really play MMOs I don't know what that means or what the difference between that and a PvP server is.

November 8, 2012 4:02 pm #

They posted the date today, it goes free to play on November 15!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/star-wars-the-old-republic-free-to-play-nov-15-6399697

January 30, 2013 6:01 am (Edited April 17, 2013 09:57 am) #

I just signed up and saw the note about potential free play.I want  to go through the download to play but before any proceeding I just want to confirm about the copyrights.

Anyone having information about this will be welcomed.Thanks.

April 17, 2013 2:47 am #
Sadriel_Fett wrote:

I haven't idea the server. Now I'm going to play from the same server. Hope I'll be success to play the game with out wasting time... Because I already waste so many time on downloading.. :(

Add New Post

See the most recent post(s) above. Reply below with your thoughts on this topic.

Note: the last post in this topic was 11 years ago.

Sorry, you must be logged in and have an upgraded account to add a board post.

Login

No BFFC account yet? Create a free account.

Join