Topic: Who watches the watchmen.....

Note: this topic was started 15 years ago.

94 posts

Sorted by oldest to newest

Add New Post

Topic #3039

Note: this topic has more than one page. Jump to the last page to see the most recent reply.

September 30, 2008 5:30 pm (Edited September 30, 2008 05:33 pm) #

some of you may recognize this, most wont, but this is a costume i am working on. He is a character from the comic watchmen called Rorschach.
not bad for 15 minutes huh?

The world will look up and shout save us.. and ill whisper... no.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
September 30, 2008 5:39 pm #

I need to read that....

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]
September 30, 2008 5:40 pm #

Sweeeet Regimas :D

You are a costume maniac....but that's cool.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."
September 30, 2008 5:41 pm #

OMG!!!!  IT'S FETT_II'S AV COME TO LIFE!!!!!!!

:P

Nice work ner vod    ;)

"You set a code to live by. I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."
September 30, 2008 5:49 pm #
Ralin Drakus wrote:

OMG!!!!  IT'S FETT_II'S AV COME TO LIFE!!!!!!!

:P

Nice work ner vod    ;)

lol yeah, i already sent him a message about it :D

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
September 30, 2008 6:51 pm #

for some reason the black is easier to see through than the white...
confusing

September 30, 2008 7:31 pm #

well i already had my wonders of what this thread would be about :P

as a fellow WM fan, i must say you're doing a better job than me (i'm so lazy i haven't even started working on my costume for the premier :D )

now i must ask - what material are u using for your mask?

September 30, 2008 7:45 pm #
regimas wrote:

for some reason the black is easier to see through than the white...
confusing

Black absorbs light while white relfects it.

THe song off the first preview sounded really cool.  And after reading a bit I have deemed that this sounds like a pretty cool movie.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me. It was self-defense.[/i] -Richard the Warlock [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]
September 30, 2008 7:45 pm #

who are you going as?

and for the mask....its a secret....*looks around*

white t-shirt and black sharpie, works perfectly.

September 30, 2008 8:33 pm (Edited September 30, 2008 08:37 pm) #

so it would appear, but how does the back side of it look?

And, who better to go as than Rors? although i was considering his real identity, but i'd have to bother dying my hair red.

October 1, 2008 12:56 pm #
Fett_II wrote:

so it would appear, but how does the back side of it look?

And, who better to go as than Rors? although i was considering his real identity, but i'd have to bother dying my hair red.

the back, for now is just tied like a bandanna(which you, being the costume expert you are, would drive you crazy)

as far as i know this is the best way to go, i can see, its cheap, takes 5 minutes.

going as original rors would be cool, go in a prison uniform

October 1, 2008 1:19 pm #

That is really cool ;)

Church... when I die I want you to have my orange juice!
October 1, 2008 2:44 pm #
Jaerog wrote:

That is really cool ;)

thanks man
looking for a trenchcoat now....besides the 2 i already have...:P

October 2, 2008 12:48 pm #

Hold on! Hold on a second... you have two!!

Church... when I die I want you to have my orange juice!
October 2, 2008 12:53 pm #
Jaerog wrote:

Hold on! Hold on a second... you have two!!

yeah, i bought a sleeveless one, dark green, very military...or mando....

October 26, 2008 11:15 am (Edited October 26, 2008 11:27 am) #

Its done!

lots of improvements since the last pictures

October 26, 2008 11:28 am #

Wow, regimas! Your costumes are great. ;)

[i]In my book, experience outranks everything...[/i]
October 26, 2008 11:30 am #

i will keep 'em coming

October 26, 2008 11:47 am #

Gosh how do you make such AWESOME costumes?! :D

" Everyone dies, but since nobody's paid me to kill you...sleep well."
-Boba Fett-
October 26, 2008 11:57 am #

lots of practice :D

and a demand from you guys :P

October 26, 2008 4:58 pm #

nicely done. now it's time for me to get off my butt and do some working on my costume.

October 26, 2008 5:31 pm #

Yah, I've decided to do a Rorschach costume as well.  I have everything and now I need to get the mask together.  I'm not a fan of the hat but it was the best I could find.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me. It was self-defense.[/i] -Richard the Warlock [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]
October 26, 2008 6:18 pm #
Fett_II wrote:

nicely done. now it's time for me to get off my butt and do some working on my costume.

go to a lot of goodwills :P

and is there anything it needs besides the scarf?

you would know better than anyone,

and sev, i dident know you liked watchmen! awesome :D

October 26, 2008 6:32 pm #

well except for the scarf, you've pretty much got it down, head to toe. now, if we were to get onto the topic of how close it resembles the real deal, then you would have to re-work just about the whole thing, but that's not important, as thousands of Rorschach fans will basically do what you have done. good work.

October 26, 2008 6:43 pm #

i plan on scuffing up the coat and maybe adding the blood stain from the dog slaughter. :D

and if i can i will find some purple pants, and change the hat ring to a red.

October 29, 2008 5:36 pm #

I believe just about any Joker costume will do for that. But I hear there's some Chinese company that is making a really detailed costume, and their pants are better than your local stuff.

October 29, 2008 8:25 pm #

cool, i will keep an eye out for that.

October 30, 2008 10:48 am #

i decided to go as rorscach for Halloween, cant wait :D

my friend is going as the punisher and another friend is going as a pirate....

2 comic book characters and a pirate... doesn't fit...

October 30, 2008 12:47 pm #

Hmmm I'm not aloud to go do fun things on halloween anymore. :(

" Everyone dies, but since nobody's paid me to kill you...sleep well."
-Boba Fett-
October 30, 2008 1:11 pm #

I haven't had a costume since eighth grade.

October 30, 2008 4:30 pm #

Hurm....

October 31, 2008 11:54 pm #
regimas wrote:

i decided to go as rorscach for Halloween, cant wait :D

my friend is going as the punisher and another friend is going as a pirate....

2 comic book characters and a pirate... doesn't fit...

I went as Rorschach as well.  I think it turned out great.  How did you end up doing your mask?  I had to use two layers of tights.  I will post pics later.  I went a a party afterwards and the anonymity is great.  I tried to get into the background of as many pictures as I could.

November 1, 2008 7:22 am #

Nice. Did anyone know who Rorschach was?

Didn't do much. Just sat around. Maybe next year, if I have my Mando Armor done....

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--
November 1, 2008 10:26 am #

nobody knew who i was, many said Sherlock Holmes...

for my mask i just used a t-shirt and some sharpies :P

it worked great though

November 1, 2008 12:53 pm #
regimas wrote:

nobody knew who i was, many said Sherlock Holmes...

for my mask i just used a t-shirt and some sharpies :P

it worked great though

I had 4 people know.  It was great.  Those four comments made my day showing that my work actually was for something.  Someone called me a cow.  :P

November 1, 2008 3:38 pm #

LOL

wow

November 1, 2008 4:54 pm #

Everyone tried to guess what my "costume" was.

I was a rioter from the Keene Riots.

November 1, 2008 6:28 pm #

A friend of mine dressed up as "random thug 1".

March 2, 2009 6:40 pm #

NEW PICS!

going to see it on friday!!!!!

March 2, 2009 7:17 pm #

nice weathering on the cloak.  And the button is awesome.  What did you do to weather the coat?  Do you have some gloves?

March 3, 2009 11:13 am #

very nice smiley face pin there, mate. i've got one meself, and am gonna wear it on friday, along with my rorschach t-shirt (never got to the costume, the furthest i got was the hat, gloves and scarf lol).

March 3, 2009 2:29 pm #
Sev Fett wrote:

nice weathering on the cloak.  And the button is awesome.  What did you do to weather the coat?  Do you have some gloves?

just take black paint and dry brush it on the bottom and at seams, it looks great

don't have proper gloves yet, gonna try to use joker ones.

i actually made the button myself :D

March 3, 2009 2:39 pm #

For a tutorial on how to distress props and clothing, go here. http://toddscostumes.com/indy/leather%20gear/how_to_distress_gloves.htm

This guy does it to some leather Indy gloves, but you can use the process and products on anything really. His site also has some amazing props and clothing.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.
March 3, 2009 2:42 pm (Edited March 3, 2009 03:08 pm) #

sweet, im going to distress it a little more in a minute, this may come in handy

i have unearthed a great mystery...

i stumbled upon an on-set interview with the guy who plays Rorschach,  hes in costume, and mask less

for those of you who want to see what Rorschach face looks like, click the link

i wish i hadn't stumbled across this, you might want it to be a surprise.

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/haleykovacs.jpg

i have to say he looks just like him...its so close to the comic its scary

March 3, 2009 5:40 pm #

tee hee.

March 3, 2009 6:01 pm #

...where do you find these lovely things...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.
March 3, 2009 7:32 pm #

that is so cool!

March 4, 2009 10:54 am #
Valthonin wrote:

...where do you find these lovely things...

same place i found this.

March 4, 2009 5:30 pm #

lol, great pic of niteowl

it took me awhile to get used to his look.

but i like it,

i only wish he had the yellow goggles instead of bronze

March 7, 2009 10:58 am #

well, i saw it.

and all i have to say is

wow.

thats it, just wow, cant begin to describe it.

Note: this topic has more than one page. Jump to the last page to see the most recent reply.

Add New Post

See the most recent post(s) above. Reply below with your thoughts on this topic.

Note: the last post in this topic was 15 years ago.

Sorry, you must be logged in and have an upgraded account to add a board post.

Login

No BFFC account yet? Create a free account.

Join