Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Note: this topic was started 17 years ago.

192 posts

Sorted by oldest to newest

Add New Post

Topic #1456

Note: this topic has more than one page. Jump to the last page to see the most recent reply.

May 24, 2007 3:43 am #

There is a new game coming guys!And I tell you if I don't take it I'l become depressed! :P

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is a next-gen Star Wars videogame that takes place between the films Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Being the centerpiece of the 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed multimedia project, the game is to be released on the Xbox 360, and PS3, as well as the PS2, PSP, and Nintendo DS. LucasArts is working in conjunction with Industrial Light & Magic, Pixelux Entertainment, and NaturalMotion to create a next-gen Star Wars experience. The game will showcase Digital Molecular Matter (DMM), an extremely detailed and realistic material physics engine developed by Pixelux, and euphoria, a realistic bio-mechanical A.I. engine by NaturalMotion. The Force Unleashed was originally slated for release in November 2007, but is now delayed to the Spring of 2008.

PLOT POINTS
You will play as Darth Vader's secret apprentice and will help him exterminate the last of the Jedi.
"The young man has a knack for the Force and a dark slant to his attitude - making for a less-than-typical lead character for a Star Wars title." —IGN
"While your character is plenty evil-looking and wields a red lightsaber, company reps were quick to point out that he isn't a Sith at all. In fact, concept art shows the character wearing a sort of shackle on his wrist that Vader apparently uses to control him…" —GameSpot
Vader finally came to realize that the Emperor had tricked him into turning towards the dark side, but he thinks he knows it's too late to go back, so the only thing he can do is destroy Lord Sidious with another apprentice--i.e. the player.
You start off as a Dark Side Adept with the majority of powers at your disposal, from Force Push to Lightning. Throughout the game your powers can and will evolve to legendary strength.
The choices that the player makes will affect the outcome of the game resulting in several alternate endings including the "true" ending.
In the game, the player shares a love interest with Juno Eclipse, an Imperial who pilots your ship, the Rogue Shadow.
By the end of the game, you will supposedly have a deeper understanding of Darth Vader and how the events in the game affect his behavior in the original trilogy.
The story revolves around "redemption."

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."
May 24, 2007 5:15 am #

Sounds cool, when does it come out? :cool:

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...
May 24, 2007 9:53 am #

The Force Unleashed was originally slated for release in November 2007, but is now delayed to the Spring of 2008.

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."
May 24, 2007 12:37 pm #

Force Unleashed sounds very cool! I've been following it on sw.com (and hyperspace) for a long time. In can't wait to play it.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music
May 24, 2007 12:56 pm #

But there is a slight problem....it isn't scheduled to come out for pc....And I only have a pc a.t.m. :/

May 24, 2007 6:33 pm #

It's just lucas showing off thats all.
BUT IT STLL LOOKS AWSUME!!!
ah-hem sorry I just got exited thats all.
what I'm realy looking forward to is the npc "brain" they have made a new programe that is "kick face awsume" and cu'z I do a bit of CGI myself I can't wait to use/see it.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me. - Alo Fett
May 24, 2007 9:29 pm #

And the new physics engine they are using for this game.  Wood will splinter like it's supposed to splinter, plants will rustle realistically.  And the new force power interface.  I like how they described it.  Instead of a force-push why not force push him through several walls?

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me. It was self-defense.[/i] -Richard the Warlock [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]
May 25, 2007 12:27 am #

It will give you a great variety of force powers such as:Force Grip,Force lightining,Force Push and Force Repulse.I believe that if handled correctly,this time we will have a diamond amongst Star Wars games. :)

May 25, 2007 6:19 pm #

I totally agree.  And I cannot WAIT for it to come out.  (If it isn't for PS2/Gaamecube/Mac, then I'll go insane!)  I can't wait to throw a flailing stormtrooper off of a VERY high ledge.  ;)

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
May 25, 2007 7:03 pm #
Mandalorian Assassin wrote:

I totally agree.  And I cannot WAIT for it to come out.  (If it isn't for PS2/Gaamecube/Mac, then I'll go insane!)  I can't wait to throw a flailing stormtrooper off of a VERY high ledge.  ;)

prepare urself for insanity...
or buy an xbox 360.

it is only a next gen game.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
May 25, 2007 8:24 pm #

Well, it's not like I wasn't already insane, now I'm just more so.  (Okay, start those bottle drives for that 360....)

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
May 26, 2007 4:29 am #

That sounds fun. What formats will it come out on?

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]
May 26, 2007 5:43 am #

I think the article at sw.com said it will come out for all next gen formats, which means Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii.

May 26, 2007 2:24 pm (Edited May 26, 2007 02:24 pm) #

Star Wars:The Force unleashed will be released on the next-gen consoles, PS3 and Xbox 360. It is believed that a Wii version is in the works, due to the fact that GameSpot now has a page for the game.Also it may be released in  PlayStation Portable and Nintendo DS.

May 26, 2007 3:39 pm (Edited May 26, 2007 03:41 pm) #

Nooooooooooooooo that is not fair

I really would have like to have played that game.

Why can they not release them on the PC as well? I am not a fan of playing consoles.

This in fact really annoys me

May 26, 2007 11:28 pm #

my 18 year old bro has a wii, and if  i get one that would be totally class!  games i would get - mario strike football, excite truck, star wars the force unleashed......

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.
May 27, 2007 6:22 am #

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prH2L_2LkgE There's a new video up of Force Unleashed. Looks really good!

May 27, 2007 6:32 am #

yeah it does, hey miba, do ya know which consoles it's coming on ?

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.
May 27, 2007 7:30 am #
green helmeted fett wrote:

It will probably come out on PC and xbox 360....

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.
May 27, 2007 7:33 am #

someone here said it would probably come on the wii yesterday

May 27, 2007 2:39 pm #
Boba Dude wrote:

It will probably come out on PC and xbox 360....

I really hope that it does come out on the PC. I much prefer playing games on the PC.

May 27, 2007 3:26 pm #
Devil Girl wrote:

I really hope that it does come out on the PC. I much prefer playing games on the PC.

if you only knew the power of the console! (in menacing vader tone)

May 27, 2007 3:44 pm #
cujo wrote:
Devil Girl wrote:

if you only knew the power of the console! (in menacing vader tone)

LOL :D

If only you knew the power of the PC.

Though I will have to have another attempt at getting used to using a console. Devil boy got me a game for his PS2 so I will have another go at playing that.

May 27, 2007 10:33 pm #

i, know, star wars the force unleshed would be an excellent game for the pc, :0

May 28, 2007 3:32 am (Edited May 28, 2007 03:34 am) #

I'm sorry to spoil your fun,but it will only come out for the consoles I stated at the moment.But,the good thing is that it will most propably be released for pc,only later,as has happened with some other S.W games! ;)

May 28, 2007 3:35 am #

if it came out on the wii, that would be class :D

May 28, 2007 3:38 am #

It propably will,many S.W games have been released previously for Game Cube. :)

May 28, 2007 3:49 am #

it would be so b****** good cos you would use the wii remote to swing your saber, cool or what??    :D

May 28, 2007 5:24 am #

(breath sigh of relief) i got a X-box 360 last christmas and i have a PC so im set on which ever it comes out on... :)

May 28, 2007 5:34 am #

it's cool, because you can buy a controller for the pc instead of typing with the keypad!   :p

May 28, 2007 10:49 am #

The March 07 issue of Game Informer features the unveiling of this game and confirms the title. It also confirms that Shaak Ti, in control of rancors, will be one of the game's bosses.Interesting huh? ;) Also Force powers in this game are going to be over the top. When you Force push somebody, it's going to like a cannonball hit them in the gut. As for Force Usage, there will be a bar, but it will constantly regenerate. Some powers have unlimited uses such as Push, but more advanced powers such as Repulsion will take a couple of seconds to recharge. The control scheme will be akin to Psi Ops.

May 28, 2007 12:48 pm #

.....and when you use force push it looks dead violent when you use it against  a stormtrooper.....CRAK!! " URRGH! "

May 28, 2007 1:01 pm #

Yes I believe that will be quite...painfull.

May 28, 2007 1:27 pm #

Shaak Ti can't be in this game cause it takes place after ROTS and she died during ROTS.

May 28, 2007 1:46 pm (Edited May 28, 2007 01:57 pm) #
Miba wrote:

Shaak Ti can't be in this game cause it takes place after ROTS and she died during ROTS.

deleated scene=never happened.

yet another lucas contribution to an already convoluted continuity...(huh, three multi-syllable c-words in one
sentence...weird)

and yeah its shaak ti.

May 28, 2007 1:50 pm #

is it shaak ti or is it just another twilek?  :L

May 28, 2007 1:54 pm #

As Miba just said, Shaak Ti.

take it easy baby take it as it comes
May 28, 2007 2:34 pm #

True.Although I have the DVD with the deleted scene that Grevious kills Shaak Ti,it wasn't in the actual movie,thus it's considered non-canon.Plus,I find it quite intriguing to fight such a great Jedi. ;)

May 28, 2007 3:25 pm #

Sounds interesting but i would like to see some Boba in it :P.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters
May 28, 2007 5:55 pm #

Sure the scene was deleted from the movie but that wasn't what I was talking about. I was talking about the canon ROTS novel where Anakin kills Shaak Ti in the Jedi Temple.

May 28, 2007 8:15 pm (Edited May 28, 2007 08:35 pm) #
Miba wrote:

Sure the scene was deleted from the movie but that wasn't what I was talking about. I was talking about the canon ROTS novel where Anakin kills Shaak Ti in the Jedi Temple.

wasnt aware of that, and apearently the makers of the game were not either.
i do think at the end of the day the movies r what is considered cannon.
and obviously everything in this (media event) force unleashed-will concur with the movie.
i say media event because a book and comics accompany the game, like "shadows of the empire".

but again i will rant about the continuity mess that lucas creates...there is a constant re-imagining of the same tale and its rediculous! and often past and beloved EU characters r shelved.
where is thrawn? (that was for you sadriel)
where is mara jade?
and my personal favorite baron fel?
why cant we see the "4 republic commandos" in action in BF3?
i dug "the tales of the bounty hunters" but what is relevant of that?...

ok, my diatribe is over(steps off of soapbox, sheepishly steps back into the shadows).

May 28, 2007 10:25 pm #

she didn't die like that cos on the animated clone wars, on the second dvd she and two other jedi go down and try and kill grievous but fail, other than shaak ti, the two other jedi get defeated, and she dies because grievous hangs her to powerful, eletric whipcords!.....then ki-adi-mundi, arrives, but he is too late!.........

May 28, 2007 11:13 pm #

And I shall have a 360 by the end of the month!  Cannot wait!  Until both getting a 360 and The Force Unleashed.  Except waiting for that may take a bit of patience.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me. It was self-defense.[/i] -Richard the Warlock [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]
May 28, 2007 11:49 pm (Edited May 28, 2007 11:54 pm) #

she didn't die like that cos on the animated clone wars, on the second dvd she and two other jedi go down and try and kill grievous but fail, other than shaak ti, the two other jedi get defeated, and she dies because grievous hangs her to powerful, eletric whipcords!.....then ki-adi-mundi, arrives, but he is too late!.........

i dont think they killed her in clone wars, i think general greivious just neutralized her.
but again i think lucas sort of just shrugs anything on the clone wars cartoon aside.

Sev Fett wrote:

And I shall have a 360 by the end of the month!

nice, get xbox live! "gears of war" is calling you.

May 29, 2007 12:03 am #

coming soon on the xbox 360 issss.....Haleluyah!....HALO 3!   :D   :)

May 29, 2007 9:21 am #

Although Halo 3 and x-box 360 are cool,we're talking about another game here.A game that will shatter the very foundations of gaming!!!(I always wanted to say that. :P)

May 29, 2007 9:23 am #

gears of war, to me is lame !  :)

May 29, 2007 11:51 am #

That is spam, we were not talking of that game.

take it easy baby take it as it comes
May 29, 2007 1:08 pm #

No, she didn't die in the CW cartoons. But the movie novels are as canon as the movies are, because they pretty much ARE the movie, only in written format and with a handful more scenes.

Anyway, it was probably just the magazine who got it wrong, cause Shaak Ti and that little kid in the padawan scene in AOTC are the only of that species we've really seen. I've seen newspapers and magazines say things like "Princess Amidala" in an AOTC review, so it's ok that they're wrong.

So anyway, I don't have a 360 or PS3, so if it doesn't come out for Wii, I might get a 360. I should get one anyway to play KOTOR on.

May 29, 2007 1:22 pm #
Miba wrote:

No, she didn't die in the CW cartoons. But the movie novels are as canon as the movies are, because they pretty much ARE the movie, only in written format and with a handful more scenes.

Anyway, it was probably just the magazine who got it wrong, cause Shaak Ti and that little kid in the padawan scene in AOTC are the only of that species we've really seen. I've seen newspapers and magazines say things like "Princess Amidala" in an AOTC review, so it's ok that they're wrong.

So anyway, I don't have a 360 or PS3, so if it doesn't come out for Wii, I might get a 360. I should get one anyway to play KOTOR on.

i know its confusing, but the fact remains it is shaak ti.

Note: this topic has more than one page. Jump to the last page to see the most recent reply.

Add New Post

See the most recent post(s) above. Reply below with your thoughts on this topic.

Note: the last post in this topic was 14 years ago.

Sorry, you must be logged in and have an upgraded account to add a board post.

Login

No BFFC account yet? Create a free account.

Join