Topic: If Jango had survived the Battle of Geonosis?

Note: this topic was started 17 years ago.

78 posts

Sorted by oldest to newest

Add New Post

Topic #1120

Note: this topic has more than one page. Jump to the last page to see the most recent reply.

January 26, 2007 5:19 am #

If Jango had survived would Darth Sidious/ the Emperor have given him control over the clone army after he came to power, or would Anikin/Vader still be the chosen one of the Empire?

January 26, 2007 6:53 am #

Course Vader would have he wouldnt have given such an important job to a non force user.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters
January 26, 2007 9:19 am #
IG-88 wrote:

Course Vader would have he wouldnt have given such an important job to a non force user.

Exactly.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."
January 26, 2007 1:33 pm #

You're all assuming Jango would have survived the Clone Wars and the subsequent persecution of those associated with the CIS

"Stupid, frail, non-compartmentalized meatbags!" -HK-47
January 26, 2007 3:07 pm #

Darth Vader would stiil be himself cuz Palpatine was watching even before the battle of Geonosis. And I don't think Jango would become leader of the clone army cuz he'd just turn the job down.

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now. -Boba Fett
January 26, 2007 7:03 pm #
Kyr'am_Ordo wrote:

You're all assuming Jango would have survived the Clone Wars and the subsequent persecution of those associated with the CIS

Yes quite right. You know, I would've preferred Jango be killed during the Clone Wars, after the Battle of Geonosis, either by Mace or by some really good clones or something. If a whiny kid like Anakin killed Jango that would be so shameful to Jango. Only someone bad@$$ like Mace Windu/Samuel L. Jackson could take down Fett.

January 27, 2007 10:15 pm #

I don't think it was ever Sidious's goal to let Jango surivive. I mean, for what reason should Jango be important ot Sidious? Jango was nothing more than a pawn to him, just like Darth Maul and Count Dooku. Jango had served his purpose as the clone source but failed in assassinating Senator Amidala. If Mace hadn't killed Jango, maybe Count Dooku would have been given the task later He had Anakin slaughter the members of of Trade Federation, Jango was really no different from them in Sidious's self-centered mind.

-BFFC Manji aka Jess
January 28, 2007 10:24 pm #
Manji_Ninja wrote:

I don't think it was ever Sidious's goal to let Jango surivive. I mean, for what reason should Jango be important ot Sidious? Jango was nothing more than a pawn to him, just like Darth Maul and Count Dooku. Jango had served his purpose as the clone source but failed in assassinating Senator Amidala. If Mace hadn't killed Jango, maybe Count Dooku would have been given the task later He had Anakin slaughter the members of of Trade Federation, Jango was really no different from them in Sidious's self-centered mind.

Yes!  My thoughts exactly.  In addition, if Anakin had been tasked with killing Jango, he probably would have killed young Boba, as well; eliminating our favorite character and kind of ruining the whole series for all of us.  Also, if Jango was still around, how would Boba have risen to take his place while still maintaining a strong relationship with Jango?  He couldn't dishonor his father by leaving him to wither away in old age, couldn't possibly kill him and maintain his sense of honor, and it wouldn't make sense for him to just leave.  Jango had to go to make way for Boba to become the man he did.

January 30, 2007 5:24 pm #
JasterMereel wrote:
Manji_Ninja wrote:

Yes!  My thoughts exactly.  In addition, if Anakin had been tasked with killing Jango, he probably would have killed young Boba, as well; eliminating our favorite character and kind of ruining the whole series for all of us.  Also, if Jango was still around, how would Boba have risen to take his place while still maintaining a strong relationship with Jango?  He couldn't dishonor his father by leaving him to wither away in old age, couldn't possibly kill him and maintain his sense of honor, and it wouldn't make sense for him to just leave.  Jango had to go to make way for Boba to become the man he did.

Oh so you're saying Anakin could kill Jango? Maybe the one from Episode 3 stands a chance, but the whiny padawan from Episode 2? Yeah right, even Obi Wan only landed a few blows.

January 31, 2007 7:12 am #

The only way you could really kill Jango after Geonosis would be to have him get killed by blowing up his ship or having him involved in some sort of planetary-scale disaster because after Geonosis, it'd be likely he'd take Boba out on his trial and make him a full Mando warrior and so now you'd have to fight Boba AND Jango together, and not even Anakin and Obi-Wan together could take them down.

January 31, 2007 7:38 am #

Yes they could Boba was only around 12 he woudnt have been able to beat either of them.

I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters
January 31, 2007 9:24 am #

But he was able to beat Mace Windu to a draw at that age

January 31, 2007 9:32 am #

Windu would have killed him in the end.

January 31, 2007 9:35 am #

Possibly, but if Boba alone can fight Windu to a stand-still, Boba and Jango would probably be able to kill him easily

January 31, 2007 11:58 am #
Kyr'am_Ordo wrote:

Actually, Mace commpletely beat Boba, barely trying. Boba did not even land a single hit, I believe. Mace was about to kill Boba, but the Emperor intervined. Boba was wearing his armor, and also had a number of weapons.

take it easy baby take it as it comes
January 31, 2007 8:00 pm #
draco fett wrote:
Kyr'am_Ordo wrote:

Actually, Mace commpletely beat Boba, barely trying. Boba did not even land a single hit, I believe. Mace was about to kill Boba, but the Emperor intervined. Boba was wearing his armor, and also had a number of weapons.

Actually, I think Boba landed a punch or two....

February 1, 2007 7:52 am #

Even so only adult Boba could beat Mace.

February 1, 2007 6:18 pm #
IG-88 wrote:

Even so only adult Boba could beat Mace.

Jango could've beat him too, or at least lived, if it wasn't for that stupid reek $#!t that attacked him.

February 2, 2007 6:31 am (Edited February 3, 2007 12:58 am) #

I think Jango would lose against Mace Mace is one of the most powerful Jedi ever.

February 2, 2007 6:50 pm #
IG-88 wrote:

i think Jango would lose against Mace Mace is one of the most powerful Jedi ever.

He may lose, but he could've flown away.....

February 17, 2007 11:56 am #

Has anyone ever wondered WHY Mace just killed Jango, after disabling the jetpack, watching him get trampled by the reek, and slicing his blaster in half??  Is it just me, or were the Jedi supposed to be peacekeepers?  Mace could've  just cut his hand off.  Did he really have to kill him?

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
February 19, 2007 5:10 pm #

Yeah, that's a whole 'nother discussion in it self...

-BFFC Manji aka Jess
February 19, 2007 6:24 pm #

I think Jango would've ended up fighting Vader on Mustafar when Vader went  there to kill the CIS leaders.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.
February 20, 2007 4:13 pm (Edited February 20, 2007 04:13 pm) #
Mandalorian Assassin wrote:

Has anyone ever wondered WHY Mace just killed Jango, after disabling the jetpack, watching him get trampled by the reek, and slicing his blaster in half??  Is it just me, or were the Jedi supposed to be peacekeepers?  Mace could've  just cut his hand off.  Did he really have to kill him?

Yes! I thought i was the only person wondering that. If he had cut off his hand he could've been arrested.

Niner wrote:

I think Jango would've ended up fighting Vader on Mustafar when Vader went  there to kill the CIS leaders.

OO, what would've happened then?

February 20, 2007 4:15 pm #

Armageddon! Lol

February 20, 2007 4:21 pm #

If that were to happen, I think that Jango would have been killed in a matter of seconds.

February 20, 2007 4:23 pm #

Wouldn't suprise me but he may've been lucky.
Boba fought Vader to a standstill after all.

February 20, 2007 4:26 pm #

Well, technicelly, Boba beat Vader. However, Boba is unfathomably better than Jango.

February 20, 2007 4:28 pm #

I like them both a smuch,lol.

February 22, 2007 10:49 pm #

If you keep saying that Jango would die when Lord Vader went to Mustafar, you're wrong. Jango is just a bounty hunter. Or, as he puts it, "I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe". Bounty Hunters are not affiliated with any side, the only side they are affiliated with is a guild they might join.

February 23, 2007 12:20 am #

hey u guys make a poll and some how make them bring a jango fett series of memorabilya including his lego bounty hunter slave 1

Lord Optima stronger then strong scarier then scary and powerful enough to blow up a galaxy but don't think i can't be bothered killing pethedic people like you
February 23, 2007 12:22 am #

please make these ppl at the site bring a jango fett sereis of memorabilya including his lego set

Lord Optima stronger then strong scarier then scary and powerful enough to blow up a galaxy but don't think i can't be bothered killing pethedic people like you
February 23, 2007 4:04 am #

The CIS might have kept Jango on up until Mustafar which is likely.
He proved himself to be VERY useful.

February 23, 2007 6:34 am #
Lord Optima wrote:

please make these ppl at the site bring a jango fett sereis of memorabilya including his lego set

1. Do not post twice in a row.
2. Stay on topic.
3. There is a series of Jango memrobilia, including his Slave I.

February 23, 2007 1:58 pm #

I don't think Jango was ranked particularly high in Dooku's books. Besides Dooku was killed by Anakin, do you really think Jango would have been anything more than a pawn?

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...
February 23, 2007 1:59 pm #

Of course he was a pawn.

February 23, 2007 4:52 pm #

he just wants money, that's all. think like a fett...

February 23, 2007 5:41 pm #
Fett_II wrote:

If you keep saying that Jango would die when Lord Vader went to Mustafar, you're wrong. Jango is just a bounty hunter. Or, as he puts it, "I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe". Bounty Hunters are not affiliated with any side, the only side they are affiliated with is a guild they might join.

Nicely stated.

February 23, 2007 6:24 pm #

thank you.

March 12, 2007 6:59 pm (Edited March 12, 2007 06:59 pm) #
Manji_Ninja wrote:

You are forgetting one crucial detail, and it is: If Sidious sent Dooku to eliminate Jango, then Jango would kick Dooku's fraggin butt!

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}
April 14, 2007 10:36 am #

I don't think Jango really figured in to Sidious's plans after been used as the template. After all he would prove no threat to sidious and could even prove useful in the future, wether it is hunting down jedi or what ever.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash
June 20, 2007 8:19 pm #
Kyr'am_Ordo wrote:

The only way you could really kill Jango after Geonosis would be to have him get killed by blowing up his ship or having him involved in some sort of planetary-scale disaster because after Geonosis, it'd be likely he'd take Boba out on his trial and make him a full Mando warrior and so now you'd have to fight Boba AND Jango together, and not even Anakin and Obi-Wan together could take them down.

Anakin and Obi-Wan would still beat the crap out of the Fett's.

I'm just helping Boba Fett and killing wookies for him.
June 20, 2007 8:46 pm #
wookiehunter wrote:
Kyr'am_Ordo wrote:

Anakin and Obi-Wan would still beat the crap out of the Fett's.

Not the Anakin from Episode 2

July 12, 2007 11:43 am #

If Jango survived, Boba would be an even better Bounty Hunter because, Jango would have taught him even more! :cool:

Naastar Te Aru'e!!!!!!!!!!
July 12, 2007 6:06 pm #

That's an optimistic way of looking at it. It could just as likely be that Boba would be less hardened and NOT as great a bounty hunter.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying
July 12, 2007 6:53 pm #

Jango could have proved himself useful to the Empire if he had survived the Battle of Geonosis, so Sidious might have allowed him to live. Sidious did have his own skills, and if he did want Jango dead, and Jengo bested those sent for him there is no telling if Sidious would have gone after Jango himself. On the down side for Jango's chances, he did know things almost no one else knew. Sometimes knowledge is not a good thing.  I also think Jango knew, by the time of the Battle of Geonosis, that he would not be around all that long. That is why he created a book in which to guide Boba to greatness.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."
July 13, 2007 8:44 am #
Sharra Fett wrote:

That's an optimistic way of looking at it. It could just as likely be that Boba would be less hardened and NOT as great a bounty hunter.

I DOUBT that VERY much. He would Have had More Teaching. And would not have lost that 500,000 credits to Nuri. :P

Naastar Te Aru'e!!!!!!!!!!
July 13, 2007 5:57 pm #
Everettj wrote:

I DOUBT that VERY much. He would Have had More Teaching. And would not have lost that 500,000 credits to Nuri. :P

Poverty or the desire for wealth can be a powerful motovating factor.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."
July 27, 2007 8:16 pm #

It obvious that if he survived then they would make a hilarous sitcom about Boba and Jango bounty hunting together.

Me sa lovem some Boba Fett
July 28, 2007 12:15 pm #

I think that it would have made Boba less bad@$$ ... you get pretty pissed at people when they chop your dads head off in front of you.

No disintegrations, No fun

Note: this topic has more than one page. Jump to the last page to see the most recent reply.

Add New Post

See the most recent post(s) above. Reply below with your thoughts on this topic.

Note: the last post in this topic was 16 years ago.

Sorry, you must be logged in and have an upgraded account to add a board post.

Login

No BFFC account yet? Create a free account.

Join