Topic: Helmet Dent

Note: this topic was started 17 years ago.

61 posts

Sorted by oldest to newest

Add New Post

Topic #1073

Note: this topic has more than one page. Jump to the last page to see the most recent reply.

January 14, 2007 11:11 pm #

What do you think caused the big dent in Boba Fett's helmet?

Personally I like to imagine it was a close shave with a missle. :D

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...
January 14, 2007 11:15 pm #

I don't know that would be cool though, I think Jango got it from somwhere actually.

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now. -Boba Fett
January 15, 2007 12:53 am (Edited January 15, 2007 01:07 am) #

I believe Darth Vader did it in Enemy of The Empire with the but of his saber when they were fighting over a box with a living head in it, but I'm not entirely sure. Here's the comic.:D
Enemy of The Empire 4 to be exact, you can see Vader about to hit him with the but of his saber.

January 15, 2007 1:24 am #

That is the best part on family guy "no way, ill trade all may star wars guys if it isn’t, wait except Boba Fett no matter how sure I am I never trade the Fett man".

As You Wish
January 15, 2007 5:23 am #

That does not have anything to do with this topic, Boba_Fett.

I think that he might have done it himself in his younger days, so more would-be employers would think that he is an experianced mercenary.

take it easy baby take it as it comes
January 15, 2007 8:46 am (Edited January 15, 2007 08:47 am) #

jango fett got one i think from bing trampled by the reek, and boba did repaint jango's armour, either that or it is usual in mandalorian armour.

here is a pic of jango's dent:    http://www.cyberzeus.com/swdesktop/wallpaper/gunslinger.jpg

My name is Thorer,emporer demon slayer, beast of eternal darkness - Thorer to Kai, beast of dragons
January 15, 2007 9:45 am #

jango actually got his helmet dent in the battle with obi wan on kamino.  or maybe he banged his head inside the slave 1.  either way, if you look closely in episode 2, near the beginning the arena battle, he puts the helmet on right before he tried to barbecue mace windu.  it's already got the dent at that point.

January 15, 2007 10:31 am #

Boba used Jaster's armor, not Jango's. He did use Jango's armor while he was younger, however.

January 15, 2007 11:24 am #

He used Jaster's armor? I always thought he used Jango's. Where did you get that info?

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now. -Boba Fett
January 15, 2007 12:14 pm #

I heard the same thing but I can't remember where.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...
January 15, 2007 12:38 pm #

It makes sense though cuz Boba has the chest emblem that was on Jaster's ship.

January 15, 2007 1:32 pm #

Also, Boba's armor is colored the same as Jaster's.

January 15, 2007 2:38 pm (Edited January 15, 2007 02:55 pm) #

Well I re-read Enemy of the Empire and it was definatly Vader, he deflects one of Fett's blaster bolts back at him and it hits his helmet causing the dent.:D
Or you could believe this.

January 15, 2007 3:38 pm #

I don't think it happened in Enemy of the empire.  Look at the cover of the comic book itself, it clearly shows Boba's dent in his helmet.

I'm sure you can find something with Boba in it, with the dent, before the fight with vader in that comic book.

Everyone dies. I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.
January 15, 2007 4:44 pm #

Yeah, it must've happened in the Boba Fett series or after them.

January 15, 2007 6:17 pm #

it happens when he is younger if you take into consideration the junior novels, i dont know if they are canon, but on the cover of book 6 they have him with the dent and yes its on OT picture but they deffinitly mention hm getting his mando armor

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin
January 15, 2007 9:54 pm #

If you read Enemy of the Empire, throughout the book there is no dent, then where Fett and Vader are fighting, on one page you see Fett with no dent on the next you see Vader deflect the shot, the shot hits his helmet and you see smoke coming from a distinct dent. If I had a scaner I'd show you, I'll see what I can find on the net.

January 16, 2007 12:51 am #

A friend of mine thinks a fan-girl did it trying to knock him out.

But yea, I heard he wore Jaster's armor as well. Can't remember where that's located at all.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)
January 18, 2007 9:21 am (Edited January 18, 2007 09:26 am) #

jango could have got his dent from kaminoe,  just as he went into the slave 1 the door closes and you hear a metal on metal clang

My name is Thorer,emporer demon slayer, beast of eternal darkness - Thorer to Kai, beast of dragons
January 18, 2007 9:37 am #

It has nothing to do with Jango's helmet cuz we allready decided Boba wears Jaster's armor.

January 18, 2007 8:01 pm #
fett3393 wrote:

It has nothing to do with Jango's helmet cuz we allready decided Boba wears Jaster's armor.

For god's sake he does not wear Jaster's armor there is a reason that Jango Fett was invented and there is a reason he has the dent in the same place that we see Boba's dent in ESB. Anyways I always thought the reek had stepped on his helmet but now I'm not so sure. Maybe when his jetpack exploded on Kamino, the side of the platfrom hit it.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."
January 19, 2007 12:45 am #

jango's dent doesn't perfectly line up with boba's, but since george went to the trouble of making sure jango had a dent in his helmet, that's good enough for me.  to quote yul brenner, "so let it be written, so let it be done."

January 19, 2007 5:22 pm #
saint_nasty wrote:

jango's dent doesn't perfectly line up with boba's, but since george went to the trouble of making sure jango had a dent in his helmet, that's good enough for me.  to quote yul brenner, "so let it be written, so let it be done."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

January 20, 2007 3:53 am #

Then why does Boba's armour have the same marking as Jasters?

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters
January 20, 2007 5:47 am #

Also, in a semi-canon Tales comic, when Boba's usual armor is stolen, he uses Jango's.

January 20, 2007 6:40 am #
fett3393 wrote:

wookiepedia said that boba had at least three sets of armour, repainted jango's, possibly jaster's cuz all mandalorian armour has that symbol and one of his own.

January 20, 2007 9:03 am #
Dexor Fett wrote:

wookiepedia said that boba had at least three sets of armour, repainted jango's, possibly jaster's cuz all mandalorian armour has that symbol and one of his own.

I am sure that not every suit of Mandalorian armor has that symbol. Wikis are not trustworthy.

January 20, 2007 9:32 am #

OMG Boba Fett is wearing Jango Fett's armor not Jaster Merel's!!!!
his jet pack is blue so that means he is wearing Jango's armor besides when jango wa ounger he use to have green armor!(he probaly painted it silver!)

IN THE NAME OF GOD IMPURE SOULKS FO THE LIVING DEAD SHALL BE BANISHED INTO INTERNAL DAMNATION, AMEN
January 20, 2007 9:45 am (Edited January 20, 2007 09:55 am) #
BobaFett+GhostRider=ME! wrote:

his jet pack is blue so that means he is wearing Jango's armor besides when jango wa ounger he use to have green armor!(he probaly painted it silver!)

1. When Jango was younger, he wore Jaster's armor, which he saved. He then recieved new armor somehow.
2. Could Boba not get a new jetpack that happends to be to be blue, or repaint the jetpack?
3. Boba's jetpack is not even the same color as Jango's jetpack.

Boba's jetpack:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:BFJetpack.jpg

Jango's jetpack:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Jetpack.jpg

They are not even the same type of jetpack; Boba uses a Mitrinomon Z-6, while Jango uses a JT-12.

January 20, 2007 9:52 am #

I really don't care where Boba got the dent from, but I will say this. If Lucas wanted us to believe that Jango's dent was the same as Boba's, he would have put it in the same place. Not slightly higher up on the dome like Jango's is.

Also, try not to look too deeply into the time period he earned the dent in. You can't use comics for reference usually because an artist would put the dent in whether it should be there or not. They just want to make sure nobody yells at them for missing such a detail. And in a book... you can't see it anyway.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!
January 20, 2007 10:20 am #

The movies imply that the armor he uses is Jango's, but it also implys that he has an extra pair of wrist gauntlets. But I think that most of the armor he uses is from Jango. Oh and another question: which gauntlets belonged to Jango, the red ones in Rotj or the green ones in Esb?

January 20, 2007 3:05 pm (Edited January 20, 2007 03:05 pm) #
Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

A friend of mine thinks a fan-girl did it trying to knock him out.

But yea, I heard he wore Jaster's armor as well. Can't remember where that's located at all.

Yeah, I think that's the most plausible so far. I think that comic with Vader was just a cover job for the truth. One of his legion of ladies was definately responsible. ;)

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]
January 21, 2007 4:19 am #

in empire strikes back boba was wearing a green jetpack, in rotj it got the blue, red and yellow paint job.  jango's was silver and blue

draco fett wrote:

1. When Jango was younger, he wore Jaster's armor, which he saved. He then recieved new armor somehow.
2. Could Boba not get a new jetpack that happends to be to be blue, or repaint the jetpack?

Boba's jetpack:

Jango's jetpack:

They are not even the same type of jetpack; Boba uses a Mitrinomon Z-6, while Jango uses a JT-12.

that jetpack you're showing for jango is the arena "stubby."  in the fight with obi-wan he used the boba style jp.

January 21, 2007 5:35 am #

I think that they are the same jetpack, Janngo merely replaces the attachment.

January 21, 2007 5:40 am (Edited January 21, 2007 05:43 am) #

Yes on wookiepedia * not again!* Jango has a grapling hook attachment and a rocket launcher attachment

The Mitrinomon Z-6 was a more common model of jetpack used by the Mandalorians. Many famous Mandalorians used this type of jetpack, including Jango Fett and Boba Fett. The jetpack included a targeting computer, flight gyros, and a missile/grapple launcher.

Oddly enough, both Jango and Boba were thwarted by their jetpacks: while fighting Obi-Wan Kenobi on Kamino, Jango's jetpack detached itself and flew out of control, exploding against a column. Also during Jango's final battle, it was the malfunction of his jetpack that ultimately resulted in his death. Likewise, while battling Luke Skywalker over the Pit of Carkoon, Boba's jetpack was accidentally activated by Han Solo, launching him into the side of Jabba's sail barge and into the Sarlacc.

draco, didn't you say wikis were not trustworthy, then you go and show us pictures you got from wookiepedia.

January 21, 2007 5:47 am #

Not to be rude, but we all know the third part.

I knew someone would ask me that. I used Wookiepedia because I knew what the jetpacks look like, I just needed a picture. If they were not what I knew them to be, I would not use those pictures.

January 21, 2007 10:11 am #

ok then

January 21, 2007 10:44 am (Edited January 21, 2007 10:46 am) #

observe the thruster placement, off to the side, identical to the mintronomon.  not directly under the fuel cell like on the stubby.  this is during the battle with obi wan.

i'm not trying to be rude, my involvement in fett costuming has made me a stickler for details like that.

January 21, 2007 6:17 pm #
draco fett wrote:

Boba's jetpack:

Jango's jetpack:

Jango does use a jetpack just like boba's when he fights Obi-Wan but that one blew up so really doesn't matter

January 21, 2007 9:04 pm #
saint_nasty wrote:

observe the thruster placement, off to the side, identical to the mintronomon.  not directly under the fuel cell like on the stubby.  this is during the battle with obi wan.

http://www.swg1.net/encyclo/images/jango_fett.jpg

i'm not trying to be rude, my involvement in fett costuming has made me a stickler for details like that.

I'm glad you pay attention to detail.

January 21, 2007 10:28 pm #

sometimes i do, sometimes i don't.

February 17, 2007 12:06 pm #
draco fett wrote:

Boba's jetpack:

Jango's jetpack:

I think Jango got the blue armour from his promotion to mandalore (the youngest ever).  And Boba uses Jaster's armour.  Draco's right: the jetpacks are different models.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
February 18, 2007 3:08 pm #

In Boba Fett Enemy of the Empire, Vader deflects a volley of blaster fire and one of the bolts hits Boba in the head.
Thats a suitable explaination for me but people are purists.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.
February 18, 2007 3:33 pm #

I'm sure that Fett has been hit in the head more than once. That one hit does not mean that it created the dent.

February 18, 2007 3:35 pm #

I never said it did but it suits me,lol.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.
March 9, 2007 2:44 pm #
Dexor Fett wrote:

Yes on wookiepedia * not again!* Jango has a grapling hook attachment and a rocket launcher attachment

The Mitrinomon Z-6 was a more common model of jetpack used by the Mandalorians. Many famous Mandalorians used this type of jetpack, including Jango Fett and Boba Fett. The jetpack included a targeting computer, flight gyros, and a missile/grapple launcher.

Oddly enough, both Jango and Boba were thwarted by their jetpacks: while fighting Obi-Wan Kenobi on Kamino, Jango's jetpack detached itself and flew out of control, exploding against a column. Also during Jango's final battle, it was the malfunction of his jetpack that ultimately resulted in his death. Likewise, while battling Luke Skywalker over the Pit of Carkoon, Boba's jetpack was accidentally activated by Han Solo, launching him into the side of Jabba's sail barge and into the Sarlacc.

draco, didn't you say wikis were not trustworthy, then you go and show us pictures you got from wookiepedia.

boba didnt die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 9, 2007 3:01 pm #

1. Nowhere in thare does it say that Boba died.
2. There is no actual proof that Boba did not die.
3. That is not really on topic.

March 9, 2007 7:02 pm #

I would consider Mandalorian Armor proof.  No it is not 100% canon.  But nevertheless it is still credited as canon. 
And with saint_nasty's picture I believe you can faintly see a dent of sorts.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me. It was self-defense.[/i] -Richard the Warlock [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]
March 12, 2007 10:51 am #

i have another boba armor related inquiry...does he the same gauntlets as jango.
more specifically-does he have that blade that comes out of them?, as seen in the obi fight.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
March 12, 2007 1:20 pm #

I don't think he does, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

BFFC Moderator

Note: this topic has more than one page. Jump to the last page to see the most recent reply.

Add New Post

See the most recent post(s) above. Reply below with your thoughts on this topic.

Note: the last post in this topic was 15 years ago.

Sorry, you must be logged in and have an upgraded account to add a board post.

Login

No BFFC account yet? Create a free account.

Join