Topic: CLONING is it morally right?

Hey everyone...this subject came up under a few other threads...so i started one here.     Do you think it is morally right to Clone someone?...i think it is trying to play God...and that never turns out positive. I also think it is morally wrong to do this kinda thing...even if they do it in SW... What do you think? Is it ok to clone or is it a lowlife kinda thing to do?

                                                                {MW} MS9

[b]{MW}-[color=red]"Death and Destruction to Our Enemies"[/color][/b] 
[i] "I love that crunchy sound they make when they die."  ―RC-1207 (Sev), killing Geonosian [/i]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

I think that cloning is extremly sinful, as the clone has no soul, and that is not what God has intended.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

I wouldn't say the clone has no soul, it's a copy of the same soul it was cloned from. Morally it's not right at all, scientifically it's a joke, and religously it's unheard of. However, the cloning of an entire human is wrong what about kidneys or livers. What if you could clone those body parts for transplant, it would be a medical miracle.

Speaking of cloning, the alternative would be full cyborization. I don't think I'd want to do that to myself either if it went to the same extreme as D'harhan

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

I think cloning is a bad idea. It creates identity problems, overpopulation problems, and lots of confusion.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

What about cloning empty shells to transfer your consiousness into, (Palpatine in Dark Empire) so that you might achieve IMMORTALITY?
Or cloning an army of soldiers( Palpatine in AOTC) to do all your fighting for you?

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

I don't know if it's possible to clone "empty shells."  I think that when we clone, we just create the body, not the life.  God in turn puts the soul into the body.  I think that a clone would have its own unique soul, since all you're duplicating is the shape of the body.  I'm not sure about its moral implications, since it's just another form of reproduction, but after all, God's already given us a way to reproduce so why bother cloning?  I am against cloning, however, because it's bound to turn into another second-class human situation, which leads to civil rights violations and genocide.  People always want to find someone less human than themselves so that they can use them or, if they are inconvenient, dispose of them by saying, "Oh, it wasn't really human."  Once we start cloning humans, it would only be a matter of time before we started harvesting their organs or using them as slaves.  If you've ever seen the Island or the TV series Sliders, those are two good examples of this concept.

I see nothing wrong with cloning individual organs, however, unless someone can give me reason to believe that a liver has a soul.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

7 (edited by draco fett Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:39 am)

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Yes, cloning a liver and such is not  immoral.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

i think that cloning full humans is hopefuy never going to happen, but the cloning of organs could and might be right around the coner. i hope that the whating list for kindey could be shortend for years to just days.

some blood lines were ment to end.

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

i agree with cloning certain organs...but as far as cloning a human, its like chrys put it...the creating of the soul and a whole person cloned....i don't think that is morally right....good posts guys...i'm glad i'm in the majority.

                                                            {MW} MS9

[b]{MW}-[color=red]"Death and Destruction to Our Enemies"[/color][/b] 
[i] "I love that crunchy sound they make when they die."  ―RC-1207 (Sev), killing Geonosian [/i]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Uhhhh!!! This is confusing! I dont know what I believe in! hmm

                                              {MW} TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Something to ask on your own, you could try spending a few years learning from Wise Tibetan Monks or, stew around with it on your own time.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

lol...yeah, like we have the time to sit around with monks....lol lol  he he he   n1

                                                     {MW} MS9

[b]{MW}-[color=red]"Death and Destruction to Our Enemies"[/color][/b] 
[i] "I love that crunchy sound they make when they die."  ―RC-1207 (Sev), killing Geonosian [/i]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

You could ask a fortune cookie.
Seriously, something to ask yourself. No true answer will ever be given to you.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

now that sounds more like it....quick/simple/yummy   (always thinkin' with my BELLY!!!)   lol     but really dude   those things are good.... back to subject though..lol

                                                                 {MW} MS9

[b]{MW}-[color=red]"Death and Destruction to Our Enemies"[/color][/b] 
[i] "I love that crunchy sound they make when they die."  ―RC-1207 (Sev), killing Geonosian [/i]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

True Warrior wrote:

Uhhhh!!! This is confusing! I dont know what I believe in! hmm
                                              {MW} TW

Well, this problem probably won't come up in real life for a couple of years, so there's no reason to fret about it now.

Like I said earlier, I can't see any reason why we would clone whole people unless we were planning to use them for slaves, soldiers, organs, or meat, all of which is wrong.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

*shudder* Cloning is disgusting. It's completely and utterly unnatural!

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Ok......I have my opinion.
I think cloning is wrong religiously, but think about it, man. CLONING A HUMAN BEING. Thats really far out science in my book! I mean, cloning is kinda like cheating death, but it's another giant leap for mankind. Who knows what cures can be found for many diseases in the process of cloning. hmm But if you go to far with cloning, ya might wanna watch out or it might go to hell! (Anyone seen the movie The Island?! wink ) So.......I guess my view is, that it's wrong for most reasons, but good for mankind. smile


                                                               {MW} TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

There's a species in Star Wars that believed their society was as advanced as it was going to get so they started cloning people once the original died as replacements for the exact same position. I believe it's in the trilogy with the Sun Crusher and Admiral Daala. Exar Kun's return.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Cloning is very creepy to me.

"Maybe I'd have grown up a nice guy if a Jedi hadn't cut my dad's head off in front of me."

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

One thing I need to say about cloning. Makeing a human=bad. makeing a nonhuman "animal" (for food purposes, or as a beast of burden) thats fine, kills hunger problems. Cloned tissue, like ears, eyes, skin, hearts, lungs etc. Thats fine, the tissue wasnt part of a living greature, its just a singular organ, by deffinition it cant be an organism, it cant think on its own. Thats fine. Saves lives. Why wait for a doner, one who's organ might be rejected, when you can get a new one, made from your cells?

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Of course, there is also the issue of the age of cells. If you tried to clone some part of someone who was 30 years old, for example, that body part would age very quickly. To successfully clone someone (something) one would need to get the DNA when it was very young.

At least, I think so. I may be way off base, but it sure makes sense anyways. smile

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

If you clone something. Like (a person for example.) it starts the cycle over. (if I was cloned. the clone would be a baby. there would be a 13-16 year age difference (HA YOU DONT KNOW MY AGE!)) DNA has nothing to do with age, sure, it tells the body what to do when, but if you clone 30 year old cells, you get new cells. the DNA does not age.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

But it does. If someone took my DNA (say I'm 30) then I'll have 30 year old DNA. It is aged. Therefore, even if you cloned someone and they (obviously, RC) began as a baby, their DNA, since it came from my 30 year old DNA, is already aged and is not brand new.

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

24 (edited by Valthonin Monday, October 1, 2007 9:14 pm)

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

I do love philosophy..........

draco fett wrote:

I think that cloning is extremly sinful, as the clone has no soul, and that is not what God has intended.

How do you know for sure thats what God intended? Saying that as a definite statement is kinda unreliable. That may be what you believe, but it may not be true. How do you know the clone would have no soul? Even though, physically, the clone is identical that is not to say that they would have the same soul, or no soul. I would compare this situation to 2 people (lovers or w/e) CHOOSING to have a child. They choose to have a child and do so. When the child is concieved or born or w/e stage, we dont know for sure but eventually, a soul is imparted upon the physical body. So, when scientists CHOOSE to create a clone, perhaps the same thing happens as with the child. Eventaully in a stage of conception or w/e a soul is imparted upon the cloned baby.


ARC Fett wrote:

i agree cloning is wrong, it is trying to be God by makeing a person. but trying to make body parts to replace i think is ok but not trying to creat a person

Then why isnt two people creating a baby playing God? because it says it in the bible? Thats unreliable. How do we know the bible is correct? Theres thousands of religions out there, who really knows which is right. We dont really know for sure. You may say it is fine for 2 lovers to have a child because they love each other and want a family. True. However some people have children and they do not love each other. Many children are born to ill fitting parents who have no love for each other, but had intercourse for lust and pleasure, accidently producing a baby (Not to say all accidental children are born unto ill fitting parents). So there was no love there. Yet it happened. And many of those children go on to do great things. So maybe God willed it. Just as God may want a clone someday in the future to be created and he'd place a unique soul into the body.

Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

I wouldn't say the clone has no soul, it's a copy of the same soul it was cloned from. Morally it's not right at all, scientifically it's a joke, and religously it's unheard of. However, the cloning of an entire human is wrong what about kidneys or livers. What if you could clone those body parts for transplant, it would be a medical miracle.

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:

i agree with cloning certain organs...but as far as cloning a human, its like chrys put it...the creating of the soul and a whole person cloned....i don't think that is morally right....good posts guys...i'm glad i'm in the majority.

                                                            {MW} MS9

Secondly (this is mainly directed towards both Maltese, Mandalorianspy, ARC's points about creating organs and crreating souls), how can you say that cloning a person is wrong, yet organs are fine? We are made up of organs! So is there a limit to how many organs we can create for one person, or what organs we can create from some person? So if organs are fine, i dont understand how the whole thing can be wrong. 2 rights dont equal a wrong after all, why would a couple more rights equal a wrong? Just because we put the organs together and create a clone doesnt mean we create the soul and put it in. Thats Gods job isn't it? Reproduction creates a child, yet God puts the soul in. We cannot. No matter how we try. We may create the physical recipient of that soul that is destined to have that soul, yet we cannot make a soul........................I think, who knows after all? There is no way to know that what I said is true or not. There is no way to know whether what you guys say is true or not. Except maybe when you meet your maker, whoever you believe him to be. But until then, if there is a God and we meet him...I'll have my notebook full of questions to ask.

And thats basically what I believe on this subject.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.